Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday's Muse: Under Cover

Welcome to Monday's Muse! It's Cinnamon & Honey's blog meme about all things inspirational. Here's your chance to share something that's currently meaningful to you... a song, a video, a poem, a book, a movie, a person... or anything that's gotten into your head and you can't get rid of. If it's important, I want to know all about it!

I'm a big fan of the cover song. It's always fun to hear another artist take new ownership of something familiar and loved. While most musicians go for the safer, straight reboot, a rare few creatively re-imagine and come up with beauties like this:


"In Your Eyes," Jeffrey Gaines

I think I love this version more than the original! It has a warmth and soul that's lacking in Peter Gabriel's original. Pretty impressive, right? It's even better live, so if Jeffrey Gaines comes to your area, definitely go see him play.

Do you have a favorite cover?

What's inspiring you lately? Join Monday's Muse by leaving a message in the comments. (We're going to forgo Mister Linky this week and put up direct links to your posts.) Oh, and don't forget to grab my blog button below!


1581884212_57276dd550_o



11 comments:

Lisa @ Serah's said...

One of my inspirations has always been and will always be Michael Jackson! I have others but he's the one right now that my friends are tired of hearing about and a song of his that lately has inspired me is Cry.

Sprite's Keeper said...

I love both covers of "Save the Last Dance for Me" by Harry Connick Jr and Michael Buble. Harry's is slow and sensual while the other is fast paced and has a Spanish flair. Depending on my mood, I can listen to either!

Captain Dumbass said...

Lately I'm enjoying Seu Jorge's cover of Rebel Rebel. Oh, and Michael Buble also does a great cover of Spider Man.

JulieChats said...

Well, right now I'm thinking of Joan Jett's I Love Rock 'n Roll...Miley Cyrus sung a great rendition of it while flying over the crowd on a red motorcycle during her concert! So much fun with my daughter, and reminded me of the 80's!!!!

Hope you had a great VGNO! I'm stopping by late after a nice sunny weekend at home.

Stop by when you get a chance... http://juliechats.blogspot.com

Tiaras said...

Oh, that is quite literally one of my most favorite songs EVER! I have not heard this version! Fantastic! Adding it to my playlist!

Kristen Andrews said...

you know who I am loving right now Aimee Allen! Hope youa re doing well!!!! Did you ever see my email about the necklace I want to make for you?

Casey said...

That was awesome, thanks for sharing it! I played it in the background while I got some stuff done, I might have to listen to it again.

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Things are crazy/busy here with sick, unruly kids but I sent their (finally better ENOUGH) asses to school today and am back to my reader. Finally.

JulieChats said...

Hope you have a great weekend & VGNO! :)

Stop by & visit when you get a chance, I'm always looking for a few more followers on my blog & FB! http://juliechats.blogspot.com - Thanks! :) -j

Debbie said...

I did like this.
What is inspiring me? Just trying to get well from a sinus infection. No real inspiration here:(

Ann said...

Love it.

Ya' know, I just can't get over Pearl Jam's "Just Breathe". Even when I'm trying to sleep it keeps playing in my brain over - and over - and over. (And after all that I STILL like it!)

Carolee / Home4ever said...

The video quit on me! Danged computer!

What inspires me? Right now it's the book, "The Four Hour Workweek"

Visiting from VGNO