Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Rock Hall (and Oates!)

Once upon a time I had a blog and published pretty regularly. And then somehow I stopped keeping up with it. But every so often something cool would happen and I'd wish I could write about it. And then I'd come to the silly realization that... um, hello! Today was one of those days. Why? Here's a hint:
































You know how much I love these guys, right? Here is a good refresher if you need one. I can't tell you how happy (and quite honestly a little surprised) that Hall and Oates are going to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this April. Surprised not because I don't think they deserve it (give "Sara Smile" a listen) but because for a long time they were unfairly associated with an uncool 80s popularity that was seen to have little to no value. They've spent the past 20 years or so fighting back, putting out critically acclaimed albums and launching a ground-breaking live music webcast. Plus, they still tour regularly, easily selling out most of their shows. The accolades have been coming for a while now (they've already been inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame) but this one puts them at the cool-kids table. The same guys who wrote "Rich Girl" are going to be honored alongside the guys who wrote "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Say it isn't so! Way to go Daryl and John. Hard earned and well-deserved.



































No comments: